Monday, September 07, 2009

Shameless Nursing 

Juliet is 10 months old, and still loves her num-nums. (Breast milk from the breast). Even though she is eating solids, she'd still rather have milk at non-meal times, which is A-OK by me. Before having her, I was never one to be a breastfeeding proponent or anything, but now I find myself to be a Lactavist. I want to educate people on the benefits of nursing. Not just for momma and baby's health, but on relationships and bonding and so much else. Being a member of fulltimemoms and kellymom has helped, so I can reach out to other mums and help them successfully nurse, but by far my biggest controbution to nursing is nursing in public.
Breastfeeding needs to be normalized in this country. Breasts are so sexualized that people make an innocent act seem disguisting. Yes, breasts can be sexual. But I'll tell you, that feeding Juliet NEVER EVER feels that way. I see breasts as food containers nothing more. Anyway, my contribution to normalizing breastfeeding is to breastfeed in public, whenever Juliet needs it, without caring if someone gets a flash of boob or not. I always give positive comments to anyone I notice breastfeeding.
I found this article today about doing just this and wanted to share it with my readers. http://mothering.com/bashful-brazen-indiscreet-breastfeeders-manifesto

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 
 

Pages of Note:
The Words of my bestest bud.
My Aunt's Blog

EDJ's Blog
The rabble of film reviews- cinemablend

Archives:

 
 
Questions? Comments? Like/hate my writing? Email me.