Saturday, November 15, 2008

Pumping 

From everything I've read Breastfeeding is supposed to be hard. Other then the first few days when my nipples REALLY hurt, it's been pretty easy. If she's hungry, stick her on the breast. Simple. My nipples have hardened and it really doesn't hurt anymore- unless she catches me right on the tip. So today I started pumping in the effort to start saving in case I have a relapse- and if I don't so that she'll have milk when I go back to work.
I officially HATE pumping. OW. It's not the nipples the hurt it's the areola area. While pumping it looks like it's purple and bruised, and it hurts for ages afterwards. OF course Juliet keeps wanting to nurse right after I've pumped (in spite of the fact I was pumping after she'd fed and fallen asleep) which hurts like hell. In 3 pump sessions I only got about 3 1/2 oz. One session was great- I got almost 2 whole oz. The other two- eh, barely 1/2-1oz.
I'll keep at it, and hope that everything will harden in a day or two like my nipples did. I just have to keep thinking about storing so that she has sufficient food when I go back to work in 8 weeks....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 
 

Pages of Note:
The Words of my bestest bud.
My Aunt's Blog

EDJ's Blog
The rabble of film reviews- cinemablend

Archives:

 
 
Questions? Comments? Like/hate my writing? Email me.