Thursday, November 06, 2008

Home 

First day home from the hospital. We got home yesterday around 5pm, and went to bed around 6. I have the basinette next to the bed, but it didn't get used. I know you are not supposed to have the baby in the bed with you, but boy when you are tired there is nothing like nestling the baby on the breast and falling asleep together. I don't plan on keeping her in the bed, but for now it's working.
We went food shopping today. It was very successful. Juliet slept the entire time, and only woke up when we got home. I got all the food in the house before she fussed for a feed. Took a few hours before I got the groceries put away, but I won't have to go to the store for a while.
I also tried to take a shower. That was an abysmal failure. I was in the shower all of 10 mins, soap on the body and shampoo in the hair when she had a bowel movement and screamed bloody murder. There is nothing fun about changing a diaper when you are wet and naked. And then of course she wanted to be fed. I got dressed first, but needless to say I didn't feel clean or comforted by the shower.
The cats have no idea what to Juliet is. When I came home yesterday Baby was completely oblivious. She was all lovey until we sat on the bed. She cuddled up next to me, and then noticed Juliet on my lap. She jumped about 5 feet in the air and backed up with HUGE eyes. Ninja just stares at her with big eyes and then runs away. He's banished himself to the couch in the living room and won't come in the bedroom at all. If I come near him with her, he'll stay still while I pat him, until she moves or makes a move he'll walk away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 
 

Pages of Note:
The Words of my bestest bud.
My Aunt's Blog

EDJ's Blog
The rabble of film reviews- cinemablend

Archives:

 
 
Questions? Comments? Like/hate my writing? Email me.