Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Nationanality 

It's official- I'm an Australian. Ok sure- most of you knew that already but NBC has confirmed it in my own heart. It's time for the olympics and as people tune in to watch Michael Phelps win his 11th (or was it 12th?) gold, I'm searching and cheering for the Australian (like the Australian swimmer who stole back his world record about 10 mins after it had been broken). Tonight NBC's coverage of syncranized diving REALLY ticked me off. Correct that- REALLY REALLY REALLY ticked me off. In fact, I think it made me ashamed to be an American. The showed the Americans diving, the Chinese (who won), the Russians (because they were good) and a couple of dives by the Canadians. And that's it. The didn't show the Australians, or the Ukranians (until the last dive becasue they won the bronze), or any of the other 8 teams. You know NBC- the world doesn't revolve around the Americans. Sure- show events the US are in, but also show the teams they are competing against

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 
 

Pages of Note:
The Words of my bestest bud.
My Aunt's Blog

EDJ's Blog
The rabble of film reviews- cinemablend

Archives:

 
 
Questions? Comments? Like/hate my writing? Email me.