Saturday, March 31, 2007
It takes a special kind of person to work in a hospital. It takes a crazy person to work crazy hours in said hospital. It's 6.30am now, and in an hour I will have been up for 24 hours. I took a brief hour nap at 1am before I had to come in at 3am. What was I thinking agreeing to come in before the butt crack of dawn???
I have another 6 hours before I can head to bed- I have homeward Bound today, and after that I HAVE to get the columns of my porch up before the adjustor comes Monday... and I have to be back at work at 7pm tonight to work until 7am tomorrow. Oh- did I mention this is all overtime??? And that I have to work again at 3pm Sunday???
I REALLY need a nap.
Sunday, March 04, 2007
1. What time did you get up this morning? Yesterday at 9am.... and then I "napped" from 8-2
2. Diamonds or Pearls? Diamonds
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Errr..... I think it was Night at the Museaum
4. What is your favorite TV show? Grey's Anatomy and Heroes
5. What did you have for breakfast? I didn't
6. What is your middle name? If I told you I'd have to kill you
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Home cooked
8. What food do you dislike? Broccoli and tomatoes
10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? The mix I made at Johns
11. What kind of car do you drive? 2006 Chevy Cobalt
12. Favorite Sandwich? Toasted Roast Chicken and Swiss Cheese, or a turkey and mayo sub
13. What characteristics do you despise? Whines
14. What are your favorite clothes? Anything comfortable
15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation? Australia
16. What color are your eyes? Hazel
17. Favorite brand of clothing? Anything I can afford
18. Where would you want to retire? Dunno....
19. Favorite time of day? Any time I don't have to work or study
20. Where were you born? Binghamton NY
21. What is your favorite sport to watch? HOCKEY!
22. Who do you think will not send this back?Everyone seeing as this is a blog
23. Person you expect to send it back first? Lori
24. Pepsi or Coke? Whichever is handy
25. Cats or Dogs? Kitties
26. Are you a morning person or a night owl? Both and Neither all at the same time
27. Pedicure or manicure? neither...
28. Do you prefer funny or mushy cards? Funny
29. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with everyone? Not yet... maybe soon
30. What did you want to be when you were little? Computer game programmer (HA!)
31. What do you have in your trunk right now? a bottle of wine, a 12 pack of water a gas can and a change of clothes.
32. What is your best childhood memory?
33. What are all the different jobs you have had? Administrative, and Managment
34. What is your favorite Holiday? Thanksgiving was nice this year
35. What is your favorite dessert? yummy stuff
36. Favorite Summer getaway? Somewhere warm and not humid
37. Ever been to Africa? No
38. Glasses or Contacts? glasses
39. Ever been toilet papering? no
40. Been in a car accident? yes
41. Favorite day of the week? Saturdays
42. Favorite restaurant? Anything quick and cheap
43. Favorite flower? Birds of Paradise
44. Favorite movies? comedies, action
45. Favorite Past time ? reading
46. Favorite ice cream? strawberry or mint
47. Favorite fast food restaurant? McDonalds
48. How many times did you fail your drivers test? None
49. From whom did you get your last email from? Lori
50. sandals or sneakers? sneakers
51. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? barnes and Noble- and I have done it too
52. If the speed limit is 60 what is the fastest you will drive? 85... shhhhhh
53. What is your bedtime? as early as I can
54. Whose response to this are you most curious about?
55. Last person you went to dinner with? Jim, Bart and Christine
56. What are you listening to right now? The overhead radio at work
57. What is your favorite color? blue
58. How many tattoos do you have? one
59. How many people are you sending this Email to? none really
60. What time did you finish this email? 10:57pm- almost time to go home!!
Waste of Tax Payer Money
You know what REALLY drives me crazy? The waste of tax money that happens in public hospitals here in America. They talk about cutting medicaid and medicare for those who really need it, and hospitals are having out budgest chopped to pieces and we can barely afford to take care of our patients......
And then they have rules that say we can never turn a patient away. Ok- I understand the gist of that, it means we can't turn someone away who can't pay us- all well and good. But do you know what this truely means? It means that on any given night in the ED we have at least 2 Drunks (Usually 4 or 5) sleeping it off in the hallway. People who are not sick, wasting money and space that could be better used for someone else. But we can't send them away. We can't tell them to go home and sober up.
And instead of gratitude these people pee on the floor, yell, and spit, and then once they have slept it off demand food before walking off. What a fucking waste of taxpayor money.