Tuesday, August 29, 2006
Welcome to the new edition of getting to know your friends (and family)!
1. What is your favorite office supply? Colored sticky notes
2. What color is your underwear? today? Orange
3. What are you listening to right now? The forced air fan
4. What was the last thing you ate? Canteloupe
5. Do you wish on stars? Yes
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? I really don't know, but something you'd have to press really hard on to get color out of- like silver.
7. How is the weather right now? rainy
8. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Candice from Urology
9. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Most of the time ;)
10. How old are you today? 27
11. Favorite drink? Er.... Water, diet coke, Sweet Walter White (Wine)
12. Favorite sport to watch? Ice Hockey in the US, Aussie Rules in Oz
13. Have you ever dyed your hair? Yes, It's almsot tiome to do it again
14. Do you wear contacts or glasses? glasses
15. Pets? 2 Cats (Baby Girl and Ninja) and fish- 2 cichlids (Kibbles and Bits), 2 Angels (Goldilocks and Fuzzy), 3 Barbs (Click, Clack and Tapper), 1 Tetra (Dash) and 2 algea eaters (Streaker and Stalker)
16. Favorite month? October -FALL -HALLOWEEN!!!
17. Favorite food? Mum's Roast Chicken
18. What was the last movie you watched? Erm.... It's been a while. I think it was step up.
19. Favorite day of the year? Any day that I wake up
20. What do you do to vent anger? Excercize
21. What was your favorite toy as a child? Sam
22. Fall or Spring? Fall- Spring is too wet
23. Hugs or kisses? Snuggling
24. Cherry or Blueberry? Blueberry
25. Do you want your friends to email you back? Yes
26. Who is most likely to respond? Noone- it's on my blog DUH
27. Who is least likely to respond? Noone- it's on my blog DUH
28. Living arrangements? With my kitties and a roomate
29. When was the last time you cried? in seconds?
30. What is on the floor of your closet? clothes for the Red Cross
31. Who is the friend you have had the longest? Lyndall
32. What did you do yesterday? Worked, read, watched 3 seasons of house, talked to the love of my life.
33. What inspires you? Risk
34 What are you afraid of? Loosing my eyesite
35. Favorite pizza? Capsicum (Bell Peppers), Red Onion, Mushroom and Bacon (No sause)
36. What do you drive? 2006 Chevy Cobalt Baby
37. Number of keys on your key ring? Car ring: 1, House ring: 3 or 4
38. How many years at your current job? going on 2 years
39. Favorite day of the week? Friday night.
40. Where have you lived? Oh lord- Springvale AU, Cranbourne AU, Forest hill AU, Binghamton NY, Dublin CA, Tracy CA, Westbrooke ME, Clifton Park NY, Cohoes NY, Schenectady NY.
41. Greatest event that ever happened to you? Not sure it's happened yet. But at this point it would have to be meeting and loosing Jonathan. At least I know who I am.
Thursday, August 24, 2006
Anyone who has ever made a big purchase will tell you that the next morning they wake up with the quinessential question- why the hell did I buy that? Typicall called buyers remorse, it usually strikes on a product that you CAN'T return. Like a car. Every car I have ever purchased has come with a liberal dose of this remorse, even when I desperatly needed the vehicle. It's accompanied by disapointment in your choice and the wish you had looked longer, or found something better, or that you hadn't bought at all.
So since I spent WAY more money than I can afford on this new car of mine I have been waiting for the buyers remorse to kick in. It hasn't. I have never been more pleased with a vehicle. From the way she handles to the way the leather feels on the steering well, to the stereo to the seats. I love this car. In fact, this is the first car I have ever actually named.
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
****NOW IF EVERYONE IS HONEST - THERE SHOULD BE .50 TACKED ON TO
EVERYBODY'S TOTAL - DON'T FRONT!
Got drunk, passed out and don't remember the night before--$20
Went skinny dipping-- $5
Had sex in a pool-- $20
Kissed someone of the same sex-- $10
Had sex with someone of the same sex $20
Cheated on your g/f or b/f -- $10
Cheated on your g/f or b/f with their relative or close friend--$20
Done oral-- $5
Got oral-- $5
Done / got oral in a car while it was moving --$25
Prank called the cops-- $5
Stole something-- $10
Stole something worth more than a hundred dollars--$20
Had sex with someone 10 years older-- $20
Had sex with someone under 21 and you are over 27--$25
Cried yourself to sleep-- $5
Cried during sex--$20
Been in love-- $25
Been in love with two people or more at the same time --$50
Said you love someone but didn't mean it-- $25
Went streaking-- $5
Went streaking in broad daylight --$15
Been arrested-- $5
Spent time in jail --$15
Peed in the pool-- $0.50
Played spin the bottle-- $5
Did something you regret-- $20
Had a crush on your best friend--$5
Had sex with your best friend --$20
Had a crush on someone at work --$5
Had sex with someone you work with--$25
Lied to your mate --$5
Lied to your mate about the sex being good --$25
DON'T FORGET TO REPOST WITH YOUR DOLLAR AMOUNT. (The most you can Get is 500)
Some coworkers and I decided that it's been too long since we've had a pot luck lunch. So we choose a date (today) and I made flyers and we planned a pot luck today. Or rather, I planned a pot luck today. So what did I do? I forgot about it and didn't make my dish. DUH. My coworkers are having a field day heckling me.
Friday, August 18, 2006
Thursday, August 17, 2006
Not more than 2 hours ago I paid the deposit on a brand new car. It isn't exactly what I wanted, I had wanted the blue Chevy Cobalt LT2 5 speed with a spoiler. What I got was a top of the line LT2 (heated Leather Seats and all!) for only 200 more than I would have paid for the 2007 I was planning on ordering. So it's done. If my Cap 1 check is at home I will pick up the car tonight, if it's not, I pick it up tomorrow. Either way... YAHHOOOOOO (I will take digital pics and post them soon)
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
I shouldn't. But a new car that is. I know I posted a while ago that I was going to get a new car- and I did go shopping. But with the MS diagnosis that kind of got put aside. I finally got a new roomate (she moves in Sept 1st) and the rent I am charging would be the cost of a car payment. I've been tossing it around all day. should I? No I shouldn't. I'm tired of being broke all the time. Having a roomate will give me extra cash in the bank. But then I think of my current car. Sorry mum but I REALLY hate it.
So I decded. Screw it. I'm buying a car.
Friday, August 11, 2006
So for those not in the know, yesterday was my birthday. Overall, it was a really good day. My coworker had baked a cake, I got a gift cert from my coworkers and a friend took me out to dinner. The sad part about the day is that the highlight of my day was that J called me and left a voicemail for my birthday. My god, I felt like a school kid who'd gotton her first kiss. It was like I was walking on a cloud, I could do anything.
And then I called him back. No answer. I hid my number- bam he answered. Oh great, I'm not stupid. He's been ignoring my calls. He says he's not coming tonight like he promised. So as fast as I rose, I have sunk again, into this dispondency that I can't seem to shake. It was 2 years. Two damn years I stuck by his side, and I can't believe he would completly lie to me like this. It's been a month since I found out I was pregnant, and I have yet to deal with what I did. It's the first time I have ever went against my heart and boy do I regret it now.
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
I hab a code. *Snif* My nose is all red and sore. I have to tell you, I think I would rather be pucking than have a cold. Nasty things. *snif*
Monday, August 07, 2006
Do you ever notice that bad luck just sometimes happens in rushes? Not in 3's as is the common myth, but in 9's and 12's. I am hoping that my streak ends soon. First, it was the MS. Then it was the roomate who wasn't paying. Then a chip in the windshield. Then the pregnancy and termination. Then J dumping me. Then Yesterday I blew a tire on the freeway, and today I have a cold.
I think I need a break from reality.
Friday, August 04, 2006
Why is it that hurt sneaks up so quickly and suddenly? I can be fine and then suddenly the next moment tears threaten and I have to use all my willpower to fight them back. Anger follows quickly on it's heels- how can he do this to me? The girl he one wanted to elope with. I gave him the greatest sacrifice I could and he threw me to the curb like an old newspaper. And then the hurt comes back again, a full circle. I miss him. I want him to hold me, to understand or to try and understand how I feel. I should never have terminated the child. Never. I did it for him and now that anger combines with the hurt and makes me a very bitter person.
I guess the only good thing is that I have been working the anger off in the gym- I hope that i can shed the weight. ANd maybe I can work off the anger.
I work in a hospital. That means that the bathroom is in the main hallway with lots of foot traffic. I've been drinking a lot of water (part of the weight loss scheme) and went to go to my hourly bathroom trip. Back in the office I was talking to Shaz and I felt like my shirt was stuck in the wasteband of my skirt. So I went to smooth it down, and it wasn't my shirt. It was the bottom of my skirt. So I had walked down the main hallway with a glimpse of my underware for the world to see. *Blush*
Thursday, August 03, 2006
As usual with a breakup I am hurting. The termination makes it that much harder. That was his child. And he isn't even supporting me through that. What is weird about this breakup versus all the others is that I am so confused by how I feel. A part of me is devestated- I do still love him after all- and I miss talking to him every night. I see things and I think of him (like that eagle shelf yesterday). 9pm is the worst, that is the time for the last 2 years that we have spoken on the phone. It's like a hard knot in my chest. Yet a part of me feels anger. I feel like I wasted the last 2 years on a false dream. A part of me still hopes for a future, while a part of me looks at how things has been and realises that he has some huge changes before we could work, and knowing he probabley won't make them.
I was preparing to abandon my cats (to a loving home of course!) and have his child, but I terminated for a change at a future, which he has since taken away. And I don't know how I feel.
|Questions? Comments? Like/hate my writing? Email me.|