Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Update 

Wow- I can't believe it's been nearly a month since I blogged. So much to say- so little time.
First the landlord. The case got thrown out of court because the paperwork was wrong. So my landlord pormptly refiled. I go back Dec 14th to fight against having to pay any back rent. Wish me luck!
But- I now own a house all my own. It hasn't sunk in yet that the house is mine, although my bank account is certainly feeling it! Between paying for school and the deposit, I have a lot less left after closing than I expected, but at least I am in and can work on building equity instead of throwing my money away. It feels so GOOD. I do know that I MUST go get a snow shovel, my driveway is the only one in the neighbourhood not plowed/shoveled. Plus I need to find a supply of pellets for my pellet stove. I have a weeks worth, but Home Depot didn't have any more and I don't want to run out. Actually ownership doesn't feel TOO much different than renting, except that I don't have anyone to call when I have a question about something in the house (like why the basement bathroom light doesn't work, or why the draining system is dripping).

As for school, it's going well. I have my first final tonight and my second one tomorrow. I am very scared about my Latin exam (tomorrow). I am sitting right on the A- B+ cusp and if I fail this exam..... well I won't be getting an A. There is just so MUCH to memorize. I have to be diligent over the break to keep studying so I don't forget everything I've Learned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 
 

Pages of Note:
The Words of my bestest bud.
My Aunt's Blog

EDJ's Blog
The rabble of film reviews- cinemablend

Archives:

 
 
Questions? Comments? Like/hate my writing? Email me.