Monday, December 26, 2005

Day 2- Computer Hell 

I was worken this morning by a loud shout- "everyone downstairs please". Morning meeting. I knew that for ever after I would have to set my phone as an alarm clock- my body was NOT going to be doing the waking for me. I stumbeled down in my PJ's- which would going to turn into a morning ritual as the late nights piled upon another (and which to this day people remember).
After the morning banalities I was introduced to Kim Johnson. She was trying to set up the binders and such for the feed and Water program. While the program itself was not new, what we were doing was. We had each F/W station mapped and then on a log sheet with any information- address, animals seen, type of food left etc. This made it about 100 times easier for those in the feild to find the stations, and later for us to trap the animals at those locations. Just for the record I want to say that if I worked my ass off, Kim worked every body piece she owned off, there were nights she didn't sleep at ALL. It's people like Kim that make you understand how important this work is, and how few people want to do it.
Just for the record, I don't know what it is about when you are working on your PC in a tense situation, but something that SHOULD take you about 10 mins, will take you 3 or 4 hours because you keep getting interrupted. It was terrible, we needed excel and word and a mapping program for what we were working on, and neither of us had excel or word. I think it took me 3 hours just to find a trial of something to download.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 
 

Pages of Note:
The Words of my bestest bud.
My Aunt's Blog

EDJ's Blog
The rabble of film reviews- cinemablend

Archives:

 
 
Questions? Comments? Like/hate my writing? Email me.