Thursday, November 13, 2003

Sorry 

I am sorry poor Blog. I have been neglecting you shamelessly. These last few weeks have been nothing if not insane.
This last weekend was the WORST weekend I have had in a LONG time. As I last wrote in my delirium, I was getting sick. Friday I peaked with 102 Fever before I made it to the doctors. Thank god I had called a friend to drive me there. I would never have made it. He diagnosed me with the flu and sent me on my way with a bottle of extra strength tylonol. I slept most of the day away. Saturday I was struggling with my throat being very sore, to the point of not being able to swallow, but on the advice nurse's advice (well that's what she does!) I gargled salt water every 2 hours, sprayed copious amounts of throat numbing stuff, and just attempted to drink some hot fluids. By 4am Sunday I was in agony, I was drooling all over myself and by this point hadn't really eaten anything in 2 days. I went back to the doctor, who decided to inform me that I did NOT have the flu, I had tonsilitis. Oh yeah. NASTY. So they finally put me on antibiotics and on the road to recovery. The worst, or maybe the best part about the whole experience, is that between my visits on Friday afternoon, and Sunday morning, I lost a nice 5 pounds.
Monday morning I stumbled into work, to the tune of "You look like shit!". What the hell did they expect? I hadn't eaten in 3 days! It was hard for me, being the workaholic that I am, being out of work sick for 3 whole days. I'll be the first to admit that working Monday physically kicked my ass and I was EXHAUSTED, but I couldn't image staying out any longer. I think it was hard for them to think of me sick. I've worked there a year and never called in before.
So anyway, I feel MUCH better now, even if I am still not 100%.

On a more positive note....... 10 days!!!!!!!!

Yes, most of you who read this already know that J is coming out in 10 days. But I thought I would just share it again. I am so wound up about the whole thing, I just want everything to go well. It's going to be weird having my new boyfriend sleeping in the same house as my ex boyfreind. Oh yeah. Talk about tension. I think everything will turn out ok, but that doesn't reduce the stress level now! Seeing as I have no more time off, what with using the last of my vacation for Halloween, and the last of my sick time this weekend, I have to work my work sechedule in such a way I can spend a lot of time with him. Sucks having to work. At least we are closed Thanksgiving Day. Still not sure if I am going to attempt a Turkey or not. We will see. My friends may be planning a get together thing, so we will see what happens there.

I had so many thoughts I wanted to write. About what I think of Veterens Day, about SAT's and so much else, but I think I must leave it for another night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 
 

Pages of Note:
The Words of my bestest bud.
My Aunt's Blog

EDJ's Blog
The rabble of film reviews- cinemablend

Archives:

 
 
Questions? Comments? Like/hate my writing? Email me.