Saturday, November 01, 2003

Party Time 

Wow. What a trip. I slept through most of the flight, seeing as I only had 3 hours of sleep the night before I am not surprised. I managed to score a window seat each time, so made it much easier to sleep.
I had forgotton how much I love upstate New York, until I started flying into Syracuse airport. This time of year the hills turn golden yellows and oranges, and there is nothing but waves upon waves of color. So peaceful. I took about 2 rolls of film out the window, so hopefully I get some REALLY cool shots.
It was wonderful seeing my family again, and let me tell you, it is a MAJOR confidence booster when the first thing out of everyones mouth is telling me how wonderful I look and how much weight I have lost. I mean, I know I have been loosing weight, but I didn't really realise how much until now. I saw them all in May, so only 6 months ago. I feel SO great about myself.
There is so much to tell and so little time.
The Bar Mitzvah was amazing. Michael, bless his heart, did an amazing job. He got the giggles near the end when he gave his speach, which in turn gave it to the rest of us. I turned over to see Babchi crying as she laughed and it was just so amazing. I will say, the best part of the ceremony for me, again, was the handing down ceremony. To see Dzedziu, his hands shaking, passing the Torah to my aunt, and then to my cousins. I can only think of everything that has happened in the past to make this possible. The passing of tradition from one generation to the next. It makes me realise how much I want to Bat Mitzvah before Grandpa passes on. I want to be there with him, to take the tradition from his hands. I may just have to do that.
The dinner afterwards was incredible. Homemade chips (Oh so bad yet so good), pastry chicken, homemade mashed taters, the whole nine yards. The DJ was pretty good too... got both adults and children on the dance floor- but then that is not hard with my family- we love to hamm it up. We actually had this neat reverse limbo thing. We had these bottle caps on string with velcro on the front, and we had to lean forward, hands behind our back and pick up a piece of cardboard with velco. The stack got lower and lower. It was tough, but I actually made it threw- in an unfair competition with my cousin Adam- who can do the splits. I made it to floor level, where some smarty told me to take off my heels seeing as they made me taller- well what do you know, I slipped into the splits and fell on my face. OW. My legs are gonna hurt tomorrow.
Anyway, I must sign off now, I am heading out with my cousin Tom, his girlfriend and a friend of theirs. Love you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 
 

Pages of Note:
The Words of my bestest bud.
My Aunt's Blog

EDJ's Blog
The rabble of film reviews- cinemablend

Archives:

 
 
Questions? Comments? Like/hate my writing? Email me.